Willoughby residents can now recycle various types of problem waste free of charge, at the newly opened drive through Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre, in Artarmon.
The Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre is located at 8 Waltham Street, Artarmon and open 8am – 2pm on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, and 8am – 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The centre was opened on Wednesday 12 April 2017, and is jointly operated by Willoughby City Council, Hunter’s Hill Council, Lane Cove Municipal Council, City of Ryde, North Sydney Council. This project was supported by the Environmental Trust as part of the NSW EPA’s Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.
Residents can drop off household problem waste that cannot go in kerbside bins, including:
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic Waste (e.g. computers, TVs, electronic equipment and small electrical appliances), white goods arenot accepted
- Household batteries
- Lead Acid Batteries e.g. car and motorbike batteries
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- X-ray films